Dangers of FLUORIDE, what you don’t know can hurt you.
Where does the fluoride that is added to the public water supply come from ? The main chemicals used to fluoridate drinking water are known as “silicofluorides” (i.e., hydrofluorosilicic acid and sodium fluorosilicate). Silicofluorides are not pharmaceutical-grade fluoride products; they are unprocessed industrial by-products of the phosphate fertilizer industry. This acidic gas is captured in the air pollution filtering devices attached to the manufacturing plant and contain many toxic chemicals including benzine, arsenic, barium, lead and aluminum. These silicofluorides undergo no purification procedures before being dumped in our water supply.
- Most industrialized countries have Banned the addition of fluoride to their water supply. The 70% of Americans that drink Fluoridated water daily outnumber all other consumption in the world.
- Fluoridated countries do not have less tooth decay than non-fluoridated countries. The positive rise in dental health in America is shared by all other nations due to factors other than fluoridation.
- Fluoride is an endocrine disruptor and contributes to osteoporosis, negatively affects the brain, elevates blood sugar levels, causes Thyroid disruptions and can shut down the pineal gland, ( 3rd eye )
- Even if you don’t live in a community where fluoride is added, you’re getting a dose of it through cereal, soda, juice, beer and any other processed food and drink manufactured with fluoridated water.
- Fluoride supplements have never been approved by the FDA. In fact, the only fluoride supplements submitted where all rejected.
- Fluoride is a drug, prescribed by a prescription. When placed in the water supply, it is the only drug administered to the public without regard to dosage level or the health condition of the individual.
For further information watch the Video “10 facts about Fluoride”
How to reduce your exposure to fluoride
- If you’re using a fluoridated toothpaste, consider switching to a non-fluoridated alternative (which you can find at most health food stores). Young children, who don’t have well developed swallowing-reflexes, often swallow a lot of toothpaste when brushing, which can cause disfiguring dental fluorosis and contribute greatly to total systemic intake. Also, even when the toothpaste is not swallowed, the fluoride may cross the gum membrane and enter the bloodstream.
- If your child is using infant formula, it is imperative to avoid making the formula with fluoridated tap water. Infant formula reconstituted with fluoridated water delivers a very high dose of fluoride to a young baby. For instance, infant formula produced with fluoridated water contains 100 to 200 times more fluoride (1,000 ppb) than is found naturally in breast milk (5-10 ppb). In fact, while breast-fed infants receive the LOWEST body burden (mg/kg/day) in the population, they receive the HIGHEST body burden if they receive fluoridated formula.
- Minimize consumption of processed beverages (e.g. soda and reconstituted juice). Soda and juice made from concentrate are often manufactured with fluoridated tap water, and hence, have fluoride levels similar to fluoridated water.
- If you regularly drink non-organic wine or grape juice consider buying only organic varieties. Many commercially-grown grapes in the US are sprayed with a fluoride pesticide called Cryolite. The residues of this pesticide can result in high levels of fluoride in wine or grape juice. In the case of wine, if you don’t want to spend the extra money buying organic, consider purchasing a European brand instead of a Californian brand, as Europe uses much less cryolite on its vineyards.
- Be careful of drinking too much green or black tea. Tea almost always has elevated levels of fluoride and can contribute a substantial amount to one’s total fluoride intake.
- Minimize consumption of mechanically-deboned chicken. Mechanically deboned chicken (e.g. “Chicken McNuggets”) has been found to contain elevated levels of fluoride due to the incorporation of ground bone particles (which are high in fluoride) into the meat.
- If you live in a country which allows fluoridated salt to be sold, make sure that the salt you buy is unfluoridated. Consumption of fluoridated salt can greatly increase a person’s fluoride exposure.
- Check to see if any prescription medicines you are taking contain fluorine. If so, ask your doctor if there are any appropriate alternatives – as some fluorine-containing pharmaceuticals (e.g. Cipro) can metabolize into fluoride ion within the body, thereby increasing the body’s exposure to fluoride.
- If you are going to have surgery, ask your doctors if they can use a non-fluorinated anesthetic. Fluorinated anesthetics such as Enflurane, Isoflurane and Sevoflurane will produce high peak levels of fluoride in blood for up to 24 hours.
- Avoid the use of teflon-coated pans. Teflon-coated pans may increase the fluoride content of food.
What type of water sources can you obtain to be free from Fluoride.
- Natural spring water is by far the best choice. You may be able to locate one locally by going to FindaSpring.com
- Well water is a good source to avoid fluoride. If you’re not lucky enough to have one in your back yard, consider filling 5 gallon jugs at a someone home who does.
- A few bottled water companies provide non-fluoridated water. Check here for a List of Suppliers.
- Reverse Osmosis systems are the most effective way to filter fluoride, in fact the process is so complete it will remove all minerals and life giving benefits.
- If you are attached to a municipal water supply you are most likely receiving elevated levels and will need a water filter. Check your local municipality for details.
- There are many water filter systems and cartridges designed specifically to remove fluoride. You’ll have to do your research to locate the best product for your situation.
- There are a number of affordable and easy to use Fluoride test kits available for home use by searching the link here